Chichester or Brighton or Havant (flexible office location)
Up to £39,000
Hyde is looking to recruit a Fire Safety Technical Coordinator.
Hyde is one of the UK’s leading and award-winning providers of affordable homes in London, the South-East and surrounding areas. We provide and manage 50,000 homes to over 100,000 customers. Our ethos is simple, by providing customers with a safe and decent home it allows them to realise their potential, enjoy their environment and contribute to their community.
As a Fire Safety Technical Coordinator at Hyde you will be working within the Safer Homes and Neighbourhoods division to lead in the FRA and M&E work streams, providing technical direction to contractors and reviewing Keystone reports to monitor compliance of the work streams.
- Acting as first point of contact for any complex queries relating to fire safety works.
- Ensuring all fire safety works undertaken are correctly recorded and carried out to current required standards and within Group policy guidelines.
- Managing compliance systems, raising orders and allocating actions for relating to fire safety works.
- Supervising contractors to ensure the highest level of compliance in line with regulations/legislation and Group policy.
- Liaising with the Health and Safety Contracts Manager to ensure the health and safety information is available and fit for purpose.
- Work with the team to ensure robust data integrity across all compliance areas including maintenance of databases.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints at stage 1 and above in a timely manner to mitigate heightened complaint level.
- Keeping track of budgets and managing works to ensure value for money is achieved at all times and procurement processes are complied with.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working as a Fire Safety Coordinator or similar role.
- Good understanding of UK fire safety regulations and legislation and familiarity with fire risk assessments.
- Housing/residential background desirable but not essential.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills with the ability to maintain accurate and compliant records and documentation.
- A fantastic pension
- Life assurance
- Great holidays
- An award-winning flexible benefits package.
- Volunteering days
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group, we strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.
Hyde is a disability confident employer and we are here to support you with any reasonable adjustments that you need throughout the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to close this advert as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.