Due to our ever expanding portfolio of properties within MTVH, we are recruiting for experienced Property Surveyors to work in our London regional projects team supporting in the diagnosis and management of minor works, insurance cases and legal disrepair claims. This would also include other non-routine repairs diagnosis, voids inspections, damp and mould inspections, and building faults to find a satisfactory resolution for our residents whilst being mindful of budgets. You will manage your own workload to diagnose and manage property defects, disrepair and complicated or larger pieces of work including ad hoc planned replacements.
Experience working in Disrepair and a knowledge of Section 11 of the Landord and Tenant Act are essential.
What you'll need to succeed
It is essential you have a proven track record of delivering complex repairs, with a working knowledge of Schedule of rates and ability to carry out building diagnostics. This role requires people and financial management experience along with excellent building diagnostic skills. We also expect succesful candidates to possess confidence and proficiency when it comes to IT, systems and applications that will be frequently used as part of the role. While your experience, skills and track record are an absolute requirement, they are secondary in this role to your commitment, curiosity and genuine passion for fixing buildings first time.
The nature of this role means that the post holder may come in to contact with vulnerable adults.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic check with the Disclosure and Barring Service once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.