Hyde is looking to recruit a Fire Safety Surveyor
Hyde is one of the UK’s leading and award-winning providers of affordable homes in London, the South-East and surrounding areas. We provide and manage 50,000 homes to over 100,000 customers. Our ethos is simple, by providing customers with a safe and decent home it allows them to realise their potential, enjoy their environment and contribute to their community.
As a Fire Safety Surveyor at Hyde, you will provide an excellent and professional surveying service and be responsible for the specification, issue, supervision and monitoring of repairs/minor/major works, improving our properties to meet building regulations and DCCG guidance in relation to Active Fire Systems to ensure that Safer Homes works are carried out to the required standard and that quality and value for money issues are demonstrated.
Key Responsibilities of a Fire safety Surveyor
- Ensure the delivery of all Active Fire, Fire Risk Assessment actions, responsive repairs, cyclical and planned maintenance programmes are in accordance with Fire Safety regulations, Fire Specifications, building regulations approved documents and agreed performance standards.
- Creation of detailed specifications to be passed to specialist contractors to ensure all aspects of fire safety work are completed to the required standard.
- Provide technical reports, appraisals, measurement, costings and estimates as required relating to Active Fire measures.
- Undertake surveys and prepare schedules and any contract specification documents.
- Amend documents to reflect changes or enhancements to the existing repairs service as directed. Issue warning/default notices, enforce liquidated damages and issue variation orders etc as required.
- Identify and report to the Safer Homes Delivery Manager and Co-ordinator any trends identified which relate to quality and quantity of work undertaken by operatives and contractors.
- Under the direction of the Safer Homes Delivery Manager manage monitor, supervise and control the repairs service and ensure compliance with any contracts or service level agreements relating to Fire.
Skills and Experience required
- Own vehicle required for this role- car allowance and mileage paid for by Hyde.
- Surveying qualification- essential.
- Experience with residential buildings desirable but not essential.
- Good knowledge of building compliance and fire safety.
- Previous experience of fire alarm systems.
- Experience of checking fire systems and designs.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group, we strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.
Hyde is a disability confident employer and we are here to support you with any reasonable adjustments that you need throughout the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to close this advert as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.