Collections Advisor/Income Officer known internally as a "Customer Accounts Advisor" Full Time Perm Contract
Location: Beeston, NG9 1LA - Salary £27,169
At Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing we have a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate, inquisitive and detail-oriented to join our team of dedicated Customer Account Advisors.
If you’re looking for a role where you can utilise your customer service skills, work together with like-minded colleagues to achieve targets, and make a real difference to our residents’ lives then this could be the role for you.
The position of a Customer Accounts Advisor is to proactively review and manage accounts that are in static or increasing arrears, and sometimes at risk of legal action or eviction. Empathy and a desire to help others is vital in order to understand each customers situation and look for possible avenues of income recovery, while also being firm and clear with outcomes and expectations.
- Engage with our residents on the phone, usually through outbound contact and less frequently through inbound, also via email and letters where required.
- Prevent and reduce arrears by providing information and support, negotiate and implement payment arrangements, and signpost for external funding where applicable
- Assist with welfare benefits related issues and queries, using knowledge of this area to help residents maximise potential income.
- Liaise with internal teams and external agencies in order to reach resolutions and maximise the support our residents receive
- Follow the debt recovery process, taking cases through the legal process until concluded where necessary.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate and deliver clear messages.
- Be able to work and manage your caseload independently, as well as working within the team to achieve shared targets.
- Great attention to detail and be process-driven
- Empathy combined with judgement and facts established to assess and decide on the best course of action for each case.
- Prior knowledge of the welfare benefits system, and a background in collections or social housing would be desirable
What else do you need to know?
This role offers a salary of £27,169.
In line with our smarter working approach, you will be required to work in our office based in Beeston 2/3 days per week on an alternate basis, with shifts ranging between 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday. You’ll have access to your rota and shift pattern at least 4 weeks in advance.
At MTVH our values of care, dare and collaborate run through all that we do, and we’re looking for people who demonstrate these behaviours every day of the week.
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call us now on 020 3535 3652.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.