Customer Service Director
Closing date: 4th December 2023
Are you looking for a place to belong and help others find their way home? We’re looking for a Customer Service Director to help make a difference every single day.
We are in an exciting period of growth so are looking for individuals who are connected to the local community and the housing sector to help us build and deliver a legacy for the people of Bristol and beyond.
We’re looking for a Customer Service Director on a permanent basis. In this role you will provide strategic direction and leadership for the delivery of Customer Services (housing management, supported housing services, community and resident engagement).
We value colleagues who consistently demonstrate and champion our values and who create positive relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
Although not an exhaustive list, this role will:
- Work with the Board and leadership team to shape and set the strategic direction of the association, develop our culture and ensure high standards of service delivery and regulatory compliance
- Lead the strategic delivery of efficient, cost effective and culturally sensitive tenancy and property management services to the residents, leaseholders and service users of Brighter Places in compliance with our values, relevant regulation and legislation.
- Proactively manage relationships with our key internal and external stakeholders including the Board, residents, colleagues and partners.
- Develop and implement relevant Directorate initiatives in line with strategic aims.
- Ensure the delivery of efficient and cost-effective services in compliance with our values, relevant regulation and legislation.
- Raise the Association’s profile with our customer ensuring we provide the highest levels of service and residents receive value for money.
Whether you join us to share your skills or gain new ones, to lift people up or learn about yourself, you’ll be valued, challenged and very welcome. No matter who you are, where you’re from, or the journey you’ve been on so far, we’ll welcome your unique experience and perspective – and help you find your brighter future.
Depending on the role, we don’t always require relevant experience and via our Brighter Places University we offer training and mentoring to help you get the most out of your role.
For this role we are looking for individuals who can
- Experience of working at senior / executive level in a housing association or similar environment and a strategic understanding of the functional responsibilities of the role.
- Knowledge of strategic customer service principles and the ability to apply them within an association.
- Proven experience of working with a board at a senior level and providing clear, informed and objective advice on strategic issues.
- Proven experience of developing strong partnerships with external and internal stakeholders, establishing strategic partnerships and leading change programmes.
- Proven experience of successfully leading a multi-purpose team and managing people, developing successful, cohesive and high performing teams and leading change.
- Proven experience in setting and managing budgets and managing supplier performance.
- Significant experience in leading the development of customer service strategies
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a number of complex projects and BAU tasks at the same time
- Proven abilities in communicating clearly with and engaging stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of setting, monitoring and managing budgets ensuring value for money
- Experienced in establishing a safety assurance strategies and frameworks delivering high levels of compliance.
- We are a friendly team of just over 100 people and are committed to being a great place to work
- We are a ‘Best Companies Very Good to Work For’ winner in 2023
- We operate a hybrid working environment with a mix of in office and remote working (role dependent)
- We offer 30 days of annual leave + bank holidays + one day volunteering annually + the ability to buy up to five extra days each year (pro rata)
- We offer up to £700 flexi-benefit that can be used towards breaks away, treatments, counselling, fitness activities insurance and many more options
- Pension Contribution of 6.16%
- Company sick pay of up to 14 weeks full pay + 14 weeks half pay
- Interest free employee loans up to £1000
- Development opportunities via the Brighter Places university
- Paid professional memberships and subscriptions
- Plus a whole host of other benefits including; free immunisations, eye tests, discounted bus fares, independent financial advice, an employee assistance programme, fresh fruit in the offices and more
How to apply:
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
The easiest way to apply is via our application form but your application can be in any format you like; letter, CV, presentation, video, voice note – we will accept all reasonable adjustments to support your application to work with us.
Please make sure you include;
- Why you are suitable for the role and how you align with our values
- Your previous experience
- Your qualifications and skills
- Where you found out about the job
At Brighter Places we recognise and nurture talent. We like to recruit both highly skilled, experienced colleagues and those who are looking for get their foot on the ladder; perhaps just starting out or looking for a career change.
If you’d like an informal chat about the position please contact us at email@example.com
To see full role details and job pack please visit our website
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. If you need any reasonable adjustments or have any specific needs we can support with in relation to your application please do let us know at the email above.
Brighter Places is a disability confident employer and any applicants who disclose a disability and meet our minimum criteria will be offered a guaranteed interview.