Fixed Term Contract until June 2024
Here at Stonewater, we are seeking a Rent & Service Charge Team Leader to join our Rents & Service Charge department and manage a team responsible for the calculation of rent increases and service charges for our rented customers.
As Rent & Service Charge Team Leader, you will deliver the accurate and timely calculation of all rents and service charges for Stonewater customers, complying with legislation, regulation, and best practice.
Actively promoting a climate of high performance and quality standards, continual service improvement and value for money, you will assist with applications received by the First Tier Tribunal or other legal courts or tribunals in relation to service charges and rent setting, obtaining legal advice where appropriate. You will continuously review and improve the invoices and related literature issues to customers as part of the rent and service charge review process, and answer customer queries related to service charges, analysing trends to ensure information and services meet customers’ needs.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of working within a rent setting and service charges management environment.
- Have a strong customer service delivery with evidence of leading a team with customer involvement and engagement in its heart.
- Understand Housing law and best practice.
- Be a self-starter with a strong competitive drive and passion to lead a high performing team against tight deadlines.
- Have strong organisational skills, with the ability to monitor timescales to ensure statutory and stretch targets are met or exceeded in a timely manner.
- Have robust numeracy skills, able to interpret reports and monitor budgets and the progress of the team.
- Be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, and customer management systems.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and working towards accreditation for becoming a Disability Confident Leader, which allows us to record and report on disability, mental health and wellbeing in the workplace to better support our colleagues. We have also achieved accreditation for being an Advanced Employer for Investing in Ethnicity Maturity Matrix. We are committed to being a Menopause Friendly employer and working towards accreditation our Menopause Friendly accreditation.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.