Up to £37,000 plus paid business mileage
Hyde is looking to recruit several Neighbourhood Officers.
As part of Hyde’s commitment to improving customer service, Building Safety & improving neighbourhoods, we are looking to recruit a number of people into our newly created Neighbourhoods Officer roles.
The Neighbourhood Officers goal is to create a secure and comfortable living environment for customers foster positive relationships with the community and ensure that Hyde meets its legal and regulatory obligations related to customer safety and security.
- Undertake property inspections across neighbourhoods to ensure Hyde is adhering to regulatory requirements and improving standards.
- Complete welfare and vulnerability checks with customers and produce personal centred risk assessments where applicable.
- Provide a proactive front-line service to customers.
- Foster strong relationships with residents, community groups, and local authorities, promoting a sense of security and trust within our housing communities.
- Responsible for the delivery of operational tasks from the fire safety and building safety legislation across in-scope buildings.
- Monitor and assess potential safety risks and hazards, conducting regular inspections and risk assessments to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure properties meet all relevant regulatory and compliance standards, including health and safety regulations, fire safety standards, building codes, and any other applicable legislation.
- Maintain accurate records, documentation, and databases related to property management activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of safety-related contracts and service providers, ensuring high standards of service delivery.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience within a site-based Neighbourhood or Housing position.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to effectively prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective stakeholder engagement.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate documentation.
- Problem-solving skills to address maintenance and tenancy issues.
- Great holidays
- Volunteering days off
- 35 hour working week (9-5)
- A fantastic pension
- Life insurance
- Cashback on healthcare
- Shopping discounts
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group, We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.
Hyde is a disability confident employer and we are here to support you with any reasonable adjustments that you need throughout the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to close this advert as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.