Position: Project Co-ordinator
Salary: £35,000 per annum Hours: 37.5 hours
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract ending November 2025
Are you looking for an opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of people in Lambeth?
We’re recruiting for a Project Co-ordinator to join our Empowering Futures team at MTVH as part of an exciting new partnership with Macmillan.
The main purpose of the role is to work with MTVH & MacMillan Programme Manager to develop and implement a longer-term plan for how to capacity build and support people in relation to improving access to health and support services related to cancer identification and treatment.
This role will work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders at a borough or local level to co-ordinate and support projects in line with the programme strategic objectives and local need. This role will identify and build relationships with local organisations to develop capacity and capability to inform projects, events and activities.
The main duties will be to:
- Contribute to the implementation of the programme plan developed by the Programme Manager
- Work with the Programme Manager to plan and run relevant events and meetings, organising venues, delegates, and logistics
- Collaborate closely with local stakeholders to utilise data evidence in relation to current cancer-related services
- Support capacity building for local residents in Lambeth and local voluntary organisations
- Identify potential opportunities led by local communities
- Create publicity material and utilize social media channels with a focus on promoting projects across Lambeth and sharing learning
- Build and improve knowledge of local communities, as well as increasing the understanding of the collective views and concerns of communities.
We are in search of a candidate with a solid understanding and/or lived experience in direct engagement with diverse communities in London. The ideal candidate will have a background in community work, a robust understanding of the voluntary sector, and a demonstrated track record in effectively managing partnerships with stakeholders. If you have outstanding people and relationship skills and are enthusiastic about making a meaningful impact on the lives of others, we look forward to receiving your application.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic level background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be carried out on a 3 yearly basis. The cost of a DBS will be paid for by the organisation and as part of our onboarding process.
Interviews will take place on the 14th & 18th December 2023
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.