Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We have an opening for a part time (17.5 hours per week)Property Services Supervisor to be based in Hemel Hempstead. This is a 12 monthfixed term contract with potential for the position to become permanent.
There is flexibility for the role to be 2 days or 2.5 days per week (14 or 17.5 hrs)
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to line-manage an existing team of inspectors responsible for the standard of communal areas and appearance of Hightown properties.
The successful candidate will have good technical knowledge within the housing construction field and will be expected to carry out a range of regular inspections including: Buildings, Grounds, FRA`s and asbestos as needed to meet the high standards expected by residents.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for carrying out a programme of stock condition surveys on a designated patch, ensuring up to date accuracy of the property database so that future works can be efficiently planned.
In addition to carrying out void and health and safety inspections including pre and post inspections and frequently liaising with residents to ensure the expected property standards are maintained.
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction/surveying/building regulation, and experience of working within public sector housing
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Previous supervisory or Line management experience within the Housing or Building construction sectors
- A Full UK driver`s license and access to your own transport.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £22,458 pa for a 17.5 hour week
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please download the job description and click apply below.
Closing Date: Thursday 7th December
Interview date: Friday 15th December
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory right to work, enhanced DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We are a Disability Confident Employer.