Dover District Council has an exciting agenda to deliver first-class public services, putting our residents at the heart of everything we do. From building new, affordable homes to exciting regeneration schemes. A career with Dover District Council offers you the opportunity to excel.
As an employer, Dover District Council is proud to provide a supportive, friendly, diverse, and flexible working environment in which our employees can thrive. We have a team of enthusiastic employees, delivering services they are passionate about.
The Role & Responsibilities:
We are looking for an experienced Development Officer to join our Strategic Housing Team, to increase delivery of new Council housing in the district and to act as one of the council’s experts on affordable housing development. If you are a conscientious, enthusiastic person, with a passion for affordable housing, together with excellent organisational and project management skills, we want to hear from you!
This is a key role which will support the council in its ambition to deliver the largest number of new Council Homes in a generation and is a dynamic and exciting time to join this dedicated team.
Who We Are Looking For
- Experience of project managing the delivery of affordable housing projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of housing development to support the effective and efficient delivery of affordable housing projects.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- GCSE English and Maths grade C or above.
- Qualified to A Level or equivalent.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Relevant Professional Qualification (desirable)
What Can We Offer?
Dover District Council is a great place to work, with a friendly and supportive environment for you to excel in. We also offer several employee benefits, such as:
- Benenden Healthcare Membership and Employee Assistance Program
- Opt-in Local government pension scheme with the opportunity for staff to make advanced, voluntary contributions (AVCs) to top up their pension.
- Generous annual leave provision
- Discount scheme including reduced membership rates at the local leisure centres.
- On-site parking
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous Salary Sacrifice Car Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid Working
Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a basic DBS check as part of their pre-employment clearances.
If you are interested in joining the Team delivering affordable housing but feel you do not have sufficient project management or construction experience, an Assistant Development Officer post could be considered, with a view to undertaking the necessary training to progress to the Development Officer post being advertised. Please contact the Senior Development Officer, details below, to discuss this route further prior to submitting your application.
If you would like a further discussion about the post then please contact:-
John Mount – Senior Development Officer at email@example.com