Permanent - Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Training and Skills Manager to join our team in Lovell’s South Wales and West region, working between our Cardiff and Bristol offices.
Instrumental in delivering the regional training programme, as well as social value commitments, you will collaborate with our site teams in both our regional offices and onsite where appropriate. Implementing and co-ordinating regional training and development programmes, you will facilitate central training policy and strategy within the region, whilst actively delivering on the social value targets.
As a Regional Training and Skills Manager you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and analysing training needs within the region.
- Assisting with the planning of training provision.
- Working with HR to create career pathways for individuals to allow for high potential development and succession planning.
- Delivering social value commitments for each individual project and overall regional objectives.
- Training and assessing early careers and maintaining their development.
- Assisting with the design and delivery of training events, courses, packages.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant post graduate qualification is desirable.
- Experience of delivering targeted recruitment and training (TR&T) and employment skills plans (ESP)
- Knowledge of apprenticeship schemes, grant reclaim and funding models
- Knowledge and understanding of TR&T / ESP frameworks and agencies
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent at developing relationships
- Strong communication, influencing and presenting skills
- Budget management and reporting experience is essential
- Broad understanding of training/education bodies.
- Bonus entitlement based on performance KPIs
- Holidays - 26 days
- Life Assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Ability to purchase additional holiday
- Access to discount portal
- Cycle to Work scheme and the Lovell Way to EV
- Digital GP
- Employee assistance programme
- Sharesave scheme
If you share our passion for the project at hand whilst also being able to work within a fun and hardworking team environment, we would love to hear from you!
As an Investors in People Gold award employer, Lovell is the UK’s leading provider of mixed tenure affordable homes and has a reputation for innovation and excellence in the delivery of high-quality housing development and regeneration projects.
We are committed to enhancing the communities in which we work, building quality homes for real people and looking after our own people; developing talent is key to achieving this. We understand that the success of our organisation comes from the strengths, skills and personalities of our people. Lovell is an equal opportunities employer who encourage and value diversity and inclusion within our teams.
The Lovell culture is one that has been successful for many years. It is based on empowering colleagues to make decisions at a regional and local level, and to challenge the status quo whilst working as one to achieve our goals and make Lovell a great place to work for all.