Senior Estates and Planning Officer
VACANCY: Senior Estates and Planning Officer
Salary: £36,218 to £39,306
Location: 350 Bournville Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands (Hybrid Working)
Do you have great people skills and a desire to make a difference? then this is an unmissable opportunity to work for an organisation like BVT. We are looking for a Senior Estates and Planning Officer to work across our Birmingham estate, including the prestigious Bournville Conservation Area, to deliver expert estate management and planning advice and guidance to a wide range of customers.
We are a charitable trust with a diverse portfolio of stock and services and a Scheme of Management that requires us to deliver on a significant amount of green open spaces and infrastructure. The Senior Estates and Planning Officer would be perfect for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career and get involved in a variety of new projects and opportunities to learn and grow and improve our services.
We aspire to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. To help achieve this, we offer job opportunities that are agile and centred on personal and professional development in an environment where well-being and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
Managing our estate and delivering successful stewardship services, in line with our Birmingham Scheme of Management and Bournville Design Guide, requires an attention to detail and focus on delivering a high-quality service. Recognising the heritage of our estate is important to us and our customers so working with residents to maintain their homes, and BVT to successfully manage our wider Birmingham estate is key, whilst also being open and creative to find solutions to the ever increasing challenges we face.
We have a portfolio that includes freehold, leasehold and socially rented homes from every decade from 1890 to the present day and are also responsible for a number of parks, green open spaces, retail sites and community facilities. As the Senior Estates and Planning Officer you will be working and learning in a fast paced environment, including providing some technical support to our colleagues in Telford, that will expose you to a diverse range of activities that will advance your experience, skills and develop your career.
You will be part of a team responsible for the management of our Birmingham estate, including ensuring that property alterations are managed effectively and efficiently and in line with the Scheme of Management and Design Guides that are in place. This role will see you create successful partnerships and collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including with colleagues across BVT. As a key member of the Estates and Stewardship Team, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a highly regarded service with the opportunity to shape these services and continue the legacy of one of the country’s longest established stewardship models.
- You will have a Degree or equivalent in Town Planning or a related area and/or significant experience in this area,
- You will have experience in leasehold management and/or development control,
- You will be values driven and focused on delivering great services, be empathetic and adept at communicating with stakeholders.
- Being organised and having good problem-solving skills is key as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You will be self-motivated and have a willingness to learn.
At BVT we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package to assist and support employees with everyday healthcare costs, savings towards leisure activities and planning for retirement.
- Basic 32 days holiday (29 days basic, 3 days at Christmas) plus 8 statutory days.
- Flexible Working.
- A competitive employer contributed pension scheme of 10%
- Healthcare scheme which is free to all employees offering cashback towards optical, dental, therapy treatments, consultations and scans together with counselling sessions and a 24 hour helpline
- Savings on leisure activities with Trust Treats, offering discounted products and services both online and on the high street. You can make savings on your everyday shopping, holidays and insurance.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Extensive support towards learning and development ensuring that all staff are offered opportunities to develop their skills and careers.
- Life assurance 4x annual salary.
Meet BVT – who we are and what do we do?
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive is our mission and is based on the principles and legacy of our founder, George Cadbury. We are inspired by his legacy, but not afraid to be bold and innovative to meet the needs of people today and in the future. We provide a diverse and comprehensive range of services to communities in Birmingham and Telford. We own and manage some 4,000 properties, and have significant estate management, commercial and agricultural portfolios.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2023-32/
Visit: www.bvt.org.uk for more information on how to apply
If you require reasonable adjustments and/or support in completing our application process, please contact the HR team by calling on 01216671148 or email email@example.com. If you are having issues with the website and accessing the application form, please also use the same contact details.
Closing date: 11th December 2023 – 12 noon
Interview dates: 18th or 19th December 2023
Strictly no agencies.