Are you a highly motivated, skilled and experienced in social housing construction related projects with significant contract management experience?
Are you keen to join a friendly and professional team?
If this sounds like you, we are keen to hear from you!
This role is an exciting opportunity for a committed and highly experienced individual to join the Asset Management and Programme Works Team within the Neighbourhoods and Housing Service at Sheffield City Council.
We are recruiting for a customer-focused and experienced Operations and Development Manager (Technical Standards and Programme Works) who will lead and support the Housing Investment programme delivery teams. As an individual you will have excellent social housing construction related project and contract management skills and have knowledge of the challenges facing the housing sector.
As the Operations and Development Manager you will manage and assist in leading the team to provide innovative, high-quality and customer-focused construction related programmes and projects. The successful candidate and their teams will work collaboratively with Service Manager and key partners both internal and external to achieve the best outcome and service possible for our tenants and stakeholders.
The Asset Management and Programme Works Team shape and deliver the housing capital investment programme. Overall, the team manages the development of the investment programme identified through stock condition and other surveys & data sources including the requirement to meet statutory requirements, acquisition of new council housing stock, financial management and delivery of the capital programme investment contracts along with providing customer support throughout this process.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Contribute to the strategic investment planning, programming and financial management of the 30 Year Business Plan
- Investment Programme and help develop a sustainable Asset Management Strategy for Council Housing. Manage specific capital Housing construction and improvement projects including elemental works to properties and demolition.
- Maintain a watching brief over the external legislative and policy framework in relation to all aspects of social housing asset management, technical standards and specifications and ensure legal and safety compliance for all building design, investment standards and specifications.
- Work with others to ensure programmes of works are procured using the principles of best value, compliance with the Council’s approved procurement strategy and in accordance with standing orders.
- Contribute to a co-ordinated approach to service delivery, working closely with the Neighbourhood Management Teams to ensure that asset management plans and strategies effectively meet the needs of local communities and neighbourhoods. Manage the building-related standards, policies and product design specifications in relation to capital projects.
- To contribute to the development and delivery of plans to improve the energy efficiency of the housing stock and to net zero carbon action plans.
- Ensure the Asbestos Policy is adhered to by all contractors, council staff and customers, that the Asbestos register is accessible and accurate, and prepare and manage the 5-year plan for managing asbestos risks.
The job is full-time (37 hours) working on a hybrid basis. Our current office location is based at Moorfoot Building in Sheffield city centre.
We are investing in our workforce and are promoting opportunities to our under-represented groups. We value equality, diversity and inclusion and are focused on increasing the diversity of our workforce, particularly the number of Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, Disabled and LGBTQ+ people, so that our teams reflect the communities in the city we serve. We are also supporting staff with unpaid caring responsibilities to work flexibly.
It is a great time to join us and we welcome your application.
Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
Full-time employees work 37 hours for 52 weeks of the year and we offer a generous holiday entitlement. We are open to discussions about a wide range of flexible working opportunities which benefit you and the Council, including reduced-hour contracts, working part-time or as a job share.
For informal enquires about the role please contact Nesreen Lowson (Service Manager for the Asset Management and Programme Works Team) on 07789 938783
To apply visit our website: Operations and Development Manager (Asset Management)