We have an exciting new opportunity for a Complaints Coordinator to join our vibrant team at Town & Country Housing.
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
As the Complaints Coordinator, you will assist the complaints-handling process by supporting colleagues to resolve complaints and meet performance targets with the aim of achieving high levels of customer satisfaction.
This role would suit a highly motivated and conscientious individual who is customer focussed, with excellent attention to detail. You need to have good people skills along with the ability to be flexible and adaptable. A positive team player, you will bring excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to support colleagues and our residents with a range of different enquiries.
Why choose us?
- Contributory pension scheme 4% to 10% matched contributions
- Hybrid working
- Free onsite car parking
- Life assurance of 4x annual salary (Terms and Conditions apply)
- 30 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays
- Employee assistance programme (24/7 telephone advice, information portal & face to face counselling sessions)
- Corporate eye care scheme providing free eye tests and free VDU glasses or contribution towards VDU glasses
- Extensive annual Staff Well-being programme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave provision
- Flexible annual benefits allowance of 1% of salary (for dental, healthcare, shopping vouchers, technology etc)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to an extensive range of corporate discounts on shopping, travel & days out
- Regular staff social events lunchtime walking club, rounders, festive Fridays etc
- Travel loan.
- 2 x volunteer days a year
What will you be doing?
- Understand the expectations of the Regulator of Social Housing and the Housing Ombudsman Service in relation to our complaints service and other forms of customer feedback ensuring that the resident voice is heard and used to inform ongoing service delivery. Support organisational compliance against these expectations/regulations.
Provide practical support to staff across the business:
- Logging, and assigning of written (portal/webform/email/post) complaints at Stage 1. Written acknowledgement of all stage 2 complaints including initial contact (generally by phone) with the complainant in line with our complaints policy to ensure we have a full understanding of their reasons for complaint escalation and what they are seeking as a resolution.
- Log information on our Microsoft Dynamics CRM complaints system and ensure complaints cases are updated with all relevant information
- Assist with the collation of information primarily for stage 2 complaints, including producing timelines to aid prompt, effective resolution of complaints
- Support Stage 2 complaints handlers by making phone calls/email contact to ensure regular communication is maintained with complainants until their complaint is resolved.
- Follow-up calls after the closure of complaints to ensure any promised actions have been completed in the required timescale
- Diarise complaint follow-up works/actions for complaint handlers and carry out phone checks with residents to ensure these have taken place
- Provide backup/cover for the Customer Feedback and Information coordinator with advice, correspondence checks and complaints process monitoring to ensure that complaint responses and recordings meet the high standards outlined in our policy and procedure.
- Help to identify training needs for colleagues involved in complaints handling.
- Provide backup/cover for the critical friend/quality check process of all complaint responses at Stage 1 of the complaints process, including those answered by our contractors.
- Provide backup/cover for managing the allocation of complaints escalated to Stage 2 of the complaints process within the timescale to ensure Stage 2 complaint handlers are able to make contact as soon as possible. Send acknowledgements of escalation where necessary.
- Assist the Customer Feedback &Information Manager (CF&IM) to analyse information and identify key trends and root causes of service failures using resident feedback from complaints.
- Support CF&IC to ensure cases are assigned to the correct system queues and responded to within policy timescales. monitor allocation to queues and produce reporting at agreed timescales to give managers oversight of open complaints.
- Support teams across the organisation to develop lessons learned from complaints and other customer feedback in order to deliver service improvements and high rates of customer satisfaction.
- Work respectfully and empathetically with a diverse range of customers, some of whom face challenging life situations and barriers to communication, to understand residents’ views and priorities. Use customer feedback to develop improved services.
- Assist the CF&IM to work with managers and teams across the business to review and improve systems, standards and processes as required, empowering them to work in a resolution-focused and empathetic way with continual regard for our residents’ views.
- Support the monitoring and promotion of service changes resulting from learning from customer feedback.
- To adhere to the Group’s equality, diversity and inclusion policy and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- Recognise, respect and promote the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the Group.
- To actively contribute towards the Group’s key performance indicators and professional standards.
- Work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Law and be responsible for the integrity of the personal information you process. This may include identifying anomalies in data and investigating and correcting them where appropriate. Ensure you attend training on data protection regularly.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and relevant EC directives.
- To take responsibility for your own development and professionalism, ensuring that you keep up to date with new organisation and sector developments and continuously expand and build on your knowledge.
- Attend and actively participate in training and other meetings and staff events as required.
- Be an effective member of your team, presenting a positive impression of your section and the business.
- This job description is a guide to the nature of the work required. It is not comprehensive, and it is expected that other duties will be undertaken as this role develops and as may be reasonably expected.
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) including Maths and English.
Behaviour and Skills
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- The ability to demonstrate a positive and empathetic approach with both colleagues and customers even when delivering difficult messages
- Experience in resolving complaints or negative customer feedback and identifying and addressing root causes of, and systemic issues leading to, customer dissatisfaction (desirable)
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build good working relationships, to achieve positive outcomes for our customers and the organisation.
- Ability to work unsupervised, plan and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and agreed targets.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands and new organisational challenges (desirable).
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability and confidence to learn new systems and guide colleagues in using those systems.
- Experience in working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for customers and the organisation (desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, regulations, policy and best practice (desirable).
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with a diverse range of customers, using varied customer feedback to develop improved services (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in using Microsoft Office.
Closing date: 7th December
We reserve the right to bring the closing date forward, so we strongly encourage early applications. Do not delay...apply today!