Head of Home Ownership Operations
This key leadership position will be responsible for overseeing and managing the Home Ownership housing portfolio across our national footprint. The role plays a pivotal role in delivering high-quality customer services, ensuring resident satisfaction, and contributing to the organisation's mission of providing safe, affordable, and well-maintained homes to individuals and families. Operating at a senior level with the business the Head of Home Ownership Operations will require you to be a strategic thinker, an influential communicator, and a compassionate leader. Your actions and decisions will have a direct impact on the organisation's success and the well-being of the communities we serve. Through role model leadership and collaboration with other senior colleagues, you will contribute to the growth and continued excellence of MTVH.
- Optimise occupancy rates.
- Minimise arrears and ensure high resident satisfaction.
- Monitor regional portfolio trends and regulatory changes.
- Inspire and manage a diverse housing team.
- Foster collaboration and conduct regular performance reviews.
- Improve tenant engagement and satisfaction.
- Develop efficient processes for inquiries and support services.
Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement
- Establish strong relationships with local authorities and stakeholders.
- Collaborate internally and represent the organisation externally.
- Develop KPIs for portfolio effectiveness.
- Prepare regular reports for senior management and regulatory bodies.
Budgeting and Financial Management
- Assist in preparing and monitoring the department's budget.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Drive initiatives using technology, data analytics, and creative thinking.
- Collaborate on shaping the organization's vision and long-term goals.
Decision-Making and Risk Management
- Demonstrate sound judgment and analyse risks.
- Motivate and develop a diverse team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Budgeting, forecasting, and resource allocation.
- Housing management systems and IT tools.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- Extensive housing management experience, preferably in social housing.
- Success in portfolio management, including arrears and property management.
- Dedicated to delivering high-quality housing services and addressing diverse community needs.
Please refer to the full job description before applying.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a standard background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, once an offer of employment is made. As standard you will be added to the DBS updating service with a new check being carried out on a 3 yearly basis. The cost of a DBS will be paid for by the organisation.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.