Head of Development
Salary: circa £70,000
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Hybrid working from Worthing, West Sussex and remote working Relocation package available for those that want to live and work in West Sussex.
Contract type: Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join our senior leadership team as leader of our Development, new business, sales, and leasehold services. We have a rolling programme to deliver 400 homes over the next 5 years; specialising in small to medium size opportunities of affordable housing for rent and shared ownership.
Our strategy is committed to delivering sustainable new homes, including modular, with all new homes achieving at least an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) ‘B’ grade.
- Build positive relationships with external contacts, developers, agents and regulatory bodies e.g. Homes England, Local Authorities etc.
- Lead a high-performing development, sales and leasehold team to deliver a quality programme of new homes
- Source new business opportunities, land finding, stock acquisitions and lead on the redevelopment of existing assets.
- Demonstrate strong financial control and ensure that all development contracts and sales activities are properly conducted in accordance with relevant legal, regulatory, governance processes and best practice.
- Complete scheme feasibilities and financial appraisals to prepare detailed reports to the Board and its Committees for approval, updating them on development and sales performance and scheme cost variations.
Worthing Homes values our colleague’s satisfaction and will work closely with you in achieving your goals. We offer a flexible working environment with autonomy and choice in how and where you work to meet customers’ needs.
- An experienced and confident senior leader, with strong knowledge and experience of Development, New Business and Sales and who is able to build excellent working relationships with key agency partners and stakeholders.
- Understanding of contract management and commercial practices relevant to, and knowledge of health & building safety and compliance standards for Affordable Housing delivery.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and present complex data and information in an accessible way to secure scheme approvals and support financial decisions.
In return, we will offer you:
- Hybrid working with a mix of onsite, home-based and at our Worthing office
- 29 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- 4% employer pension contribution (matched up to 6%) Private medical insurance (after probation period) Colleague perks and benefits
How to apply:
Online at www.worthing.homes.org.uk or Send your CV and a supporting statement (maximum three A4 pages) to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 18th December
Interviews: Thursday 4th January 2024