Here at Stonewater, we are seeking a Building Safety Manager to be responsible for the management of four high rise residential buildings located in Hampshire & Berkshire.
You will work collaboratively with residents to ensure building safety risks are managed, informing residents of their roles and responsibilities and building risks and ensuring that change to the buildings are robustly managed. You will work with colleagues and ensure that the building services are tested, serviced, and maintained in accordance with Stonewater’s compliance management system and that all work activities are carried out to the required quality standard.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Occupational Health & Safety or Fire Safety (Applications from Housing Managers with a Level 4 CIH qualification will also be considered).
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a social housing organisation in a compliance management or housing management role.
- Have knowledge of the regulatory and statutory landscape within the social housing sector.
- Understand the Building Safety Act and Social Housing Act.
- Have experience of engaging with residents to drive continuous improvement to service delivery.
- Have experience of carrying out site inspection and audits to monitor change and ensure the quality of delivery.
- Be able to communication effectively at all levels and produce coherent, written documentation.
- Be able to work effectively in partnership with multi-disciplinary teams and drive towards a common goal.
- Be able to initiate and deliver key programmes of work.
- Be a people person, able to build and maintain professional relationships with residents and key internal and external stakeholders.
We’d like you to be located in a reasonable travel distance by car of the building locations (Southampton, Poole & Reading).
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 36,000 homes, serving 78,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market. Stonewater was one of the first social housing providers in the UK to adopt the Sustainability Reporting Standard (SRS), published by Good Economy. Using the Housing Association’s Charitable Trust (HACT) Value Insight model, we calculated that we made an impact of over £28m during 2022/23. We know that life can be hugely challenging for many of our customers right now, and we are pleased to say that more than 400 customers have been supported into work, education, training and independent living. If you would like to read more please visit: Stonewater's Social Value Report.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and working towards accreditation for becoming a Disability Confident Leader, which allows us to record and report on disability, mental health and wellbeing in the workplace to better support our colleagues. We have also achieved accreditation for being an Advanced Employer for Investing in Ethnicity Maturity Matrix. We are committed to being a Menopause Friendly employer and working towards accreditation our Menopause Friendly accreditation.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.