Chair of the Board
£24,500 per annum (under review), plus reasonable expenses.
An initial term of three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of six years.
Majority of Board and Committee Meetings are held on-line with a minimum of 2 Board Meetings, and the annual Strategy Days being held in person.
Time commitment: Eight board meetings, committee meetings (attendance as required) and two strategy days a year. The estimated commitment required equates to 4/5 days per month.
GreenSquareAccord (GSA) was formed in 2021 through a merger of two well established housing association groups. As a charitable housing and social care provider, they provide over 25,000 homes across the West Midlands and South-West to more than 54,000 people. They are committed to delivering high quality homes and care, in great neighbourhoods.
Following their recent in-depth assessment and upgrade to G1 by the Regulator for Social Housing, they are focussed on delivering their ambitious Simpler, Stronger, Better five-year strategy. They are now seeking a new Chair of the Board who will be critical in ensuring the successful delivery of the strategy, which will see a transformational change in the level of investment in their homes and services.
The purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership, ensuring the mission, vision and values of the organisation are upheld and that GSA continues to meet its responsibilities to customers, colleagues, and stakeholders through the provision of housing, care and support and other key services. Establishing a constructive working relationship with the Chief Executive, Executive Directors, Board Members, and Customer Panel will be a crucial aspect of this role.
GSA are therefore seeking a professional and focused individual who can help them articulate what being a social landlord means to the organisation and can encourage healthy debate to both simplify their business and drive a clear and purposeful agenda for the future.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Either direct Board level experience within a social housing context, or if not, a sound knowledge of public sector regulated environments.
- Track record of career achievements supporting their ability to satisfy the person specification of this role – see briefing pack.
- Proven financial acumen coupled with commercial awareness of a sufficient level to introduce strategic board level conversations.
- A demonstrable appreciation of equality, diversity and inclusion and how to advance thinking in these areas to become sector thought leaders.
- The ability to gain respect, drive a ‘one board identity’, and encourage agile and effective decision-making.
- A collaborative working style, built on an active listening approach which is underpinned by always placing the customer at the centre of board conversations.
- A leader to ensure the Board’s focus is on strategic matters to include effective oversight of the delivery of the new strategy and adherence to the highest governance standards.
- The people skills needed to represent GSA externally and to represent and promote the values and ways of working which underpin the delivery of the 5-year strategy.
If you are interested in applying for the position and receiving a briefing pack, please contact Vanessa Moon or Simon Quinn at Moon Executive Search via email email@example.com or call 01275 371200, quoting JO2400.
Closing date Friday 19 January 2024. Further details of the role, application requirements and timescales, are provided in the briefing pack.
GreenSquareAccord has retained Moon Executive Search to manage this campaign and are therefore unable to accept CVs from third party agencies.