About the role
Do you have a passion for engaging with residents?
We are looking for a Relief Housing Officer with a Resident Involvement lead who will need to ensure that the residents voice is at the heart of our decision making.
You will need to:
- Plan, organise and manage activities and events as well as provide data and reports to management.
- Oversee a range of involvement activities such as running discussion groups, facilitating meetings, and working with involved groups of residents to review our services and policies.
- Support our resident voice scrutiny panel to analyse our performance information and carry out reviews of service areas.
- Understand working within regulatory requirements and best practice.
- Have excellent customer service skills as we seek to drive service improvement.
- Provide a highly professional customer focused Housing Management service to the Association`s residents in rented accommodation to include carrying out tenancy reviews, managing ASB and taking action against tenancy breaches.
- Act in a relief capacity to support patch officers in the following range of duties during absence or to assist during peaks in workload.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- have strong communication and interpersonal skills be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- have knowledge of the housing sector and housing management experience
- have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference.
Due to the nature of the role you must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £34,689pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Thursday 21st December 2023
Interview dates: Friday 29th December 2023
We are an Equal Opportunities & Disability Confident Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.