Join Our Team:
Care & Support Worker
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £20,319 (This post includes a sleep in with an additional payment)
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) is a leading provider of affordable housing and care and support services in the UK. With a vast portfolio of nearly 56,000 homes, we serve over 75,000 customers across London, the East Midlands, Southern and the East of England. Our team of over 1900 dedicated professionals is committed to managing and developing homes to create vibrant communities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Care & Support Worker to make a positive impact on the lives of individuals with various Learning Disabilities. In this role, you will:
- Support people to remain as independent as possible.
- Take responsibility for support plans and liaise with others.
- Encourage customers to engage in social activities and become valuable members of the community.
Previous experience as a support worker is essential, and basic literacy and IT skills for record-keeping are required. All our services provide support 24 hours a day.
Requirements for Success:
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Has a positive approach to life.
- Is seeking a rewarding career.
- Is driven by seeing customers facing and overcoming new challenges on a daily basis.
- Ideally, has experience in handling medication and safeguarding.
At MTVH, we are committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion. Our core values of Dare, Care, and Collaborate highlight our people-focused approach, solving social issues by working together. We encourage our employees to be their true selves and are actively creating an inclusive environment that supports wellbeing.
How to Apply:
If you are excited about making a difference, have the essential experience, and want to be part of a dynamic team, apply now. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found, so don't delay your application.
Be part of MTVH - Serving people better every day!
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.