Repairs Supervisor - Lead Operative
Brighton and Crawley postcode areas predominately
Up to £35,000 plus company van and fuel cad
We are looking to recruit a Working Foreman. Internally you will be known as a Lead Operative Mentor.
Hyde is one of the UK’s leading and award-winning providers of affordable homes in London, the South-East and surrounding areas. We provide and manage 50,000 homes to over 100,000 customers. Our ethos is simple, by providing customers with a safe and decent home it allows them to realise their potential, enjoy their environment and contribute to their community.
As a Working Foreman, you will be working within our Property Maintenance Team to assist in the compliant delivery and safety conscious supervision of all Planned, Responsive, Cyclical and Voids related and associated works.
- Carry out pre and post inspection of works.
- Instruct and co-ordinate sub-contractors, suppliers and directly employed operatives in the works.
- Provide a responsive and professional trade skill service to residents when required.
- Work with all Property Maintenance teams to ensure value for money.
- Assist Supervisor with completing monthly 121s.
- Participate in the out of hour’s service delivery on a rota basis.
- Work with the Supervisor to undertake investigations in relation to Health and Safety Incidents or breaches of policies and procedures.
- Manage all aspects of Health and Safety for all projects.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong experience as a multi skilled operative
- Experience working in social housing
- Experience mentoring, supervising or leading a team would be beneficial
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group, we strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we’re committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.
Hyde is a disability confident employer and we are here to support you with any reasonable adjustments that you need throughout the recruitment process.
We reserve the right to close this advert as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.