About the Role
This new and exciting role will work across the business to deliver a broad range of bespoke software solutions as well as third party products to ensure we work effectively and efficiently and be a key player during change as we transform our IT solutions.
The role involves dissecting business processes into effective software solutions that not only capture the required information, but also gain efficiencies and support the users to deliver high quality service.
The successful candidate will play a vital role in shaping how we use technologies at Hightown to support our front-line teams to provide excellent services to our customers and provide creative ideas to all departments regarding document management and process improvement.
Working with various stakeholders across the organisation and supported by a team of project officers and software developers, you will contribute to increasing user knowledge of the systems and potential for improvements.
You will need demonstrate excellent numerical, verbal, and written communication skills. Ideally you will have some experience of managing a multi-disciplined team but more importantly has self-motivation and enthusiasm to make a difference. Basic SQL would be an advantage but not essential.
The successful candidate will possess and demonstrable experience of.
- Line management and excellent communication skills are essential,
- An ability to solve complex problems and drive through business transformational change.
- Excellent influencing skills and experience of managing internal and external stakeholders through complex change programmes.
- Project leadership and managing, ideally within an IT environment and software environment.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills and a solution focused approach,
You will be lead and be supported by a team of project officers and software developers, to ensure that applications are well designed, tested and delivered on time to a high standard.
Additionally, you will need to have excellent advanced MS Excel skills and an understanding of relational databases. Basic SQL would be an advantage but not essential.
Educated to degree level or possess a relevant qualification; you will be a highly motivated, energetic, personable and a quick learner with a can-do approach.
At Hightown, we`re a charitable housing association that builds homes and supports people. We provide affordable homes and a wide range of care and supported housing services across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. Our aim is to deliver demonstrable social value and impact in all of our activities.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Well-equipped on-site gym
- Ability to work from home two days per week by agreement
- Free onsite car parking
Closing Date: 21st December 2023 (screening will be ongoing during the advertising period, please apply asap as we may close the vacancy early subject to response).
(previous applicants need not apply)
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.