Chief Property Officer
Who we are
Great Places is an established and ambitious, values-led housing association managing over 25,000 homes across the North West, Yorkshire and Derbyshire with a diverse customer base. We have an excellent reputation as a responsible, trusted landlord with an ambitious development programme and a keen focus on tackling the housing crisis in the North. We provide homes and services that make a difference in improving our customer’s lives and work collaboratively with partners and customers in the communities where our homes are situated with the aim that they become thriving places to live. Our profit-for-purpose ethos has ensured that the Group has been able to directly support many thousands of customers experiencing hardship. Investment in homes and neighbourhoods also continues at pace.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Chief Property Officer has overall accountability for repairs, materials supply, facilities management, asset management, property investment, divestment, building safety compliance, and carbon management ensuring efficient and effective service delivery with exceptional customer focus.
As a member of the Executive team, you will lead the development of Great Places Housing Group to provide quality homes and services and influence our direction through involvement in shaping our new corporate plan.
- Deliver high-quality asset management, property investment, carbon management, repairs and facilities management strategies and programmes that the organisation can be proud of and that further our aims to achieve fantastic customer-focused services and zero-carbon homes.
- Lead the development of a positive, customer-focused culture in the Property Directorate that supports colleagues to grow, learn and do their best work for the benefit of customers.
- Direct line management responsibility for the Director of Repairs and Facilities Management and the Director of Sustainable Assets.
- Ensure that all regulatory and statutory legal requirements are met in respect of, investment, repairs, facilities management, building safety, compliance and divestment activity.
- Ensure that the repair service achieves high levels of customer satisfaction and good standards of repair through effective management and control of its supply chain.
- Set, monitor and deliver on key performance indicators across the directorate, and driving continuous improvement of services.
- Champion and promote innovation in designing and developing services and partnership working.
- Develop relationships internally with colleagues and externally with partners with the aim of ensuring effective collaboration in the delivery of services or to create fee earning opportunities for Great Places.
- Develop and maintain financial and risk appraisal systems for repairs, facilities management, asset management carbon management and building safety compliance activities to minimise exposure to risk and ensure value for money.
- Have overall responsibility for ensuring the repairs, facilities management, asset management and building safety compliance programmes provide a strategic view of Great Places properties.
- Interpret existing and proposed legislation as it affects all issues relevant to the Group and to report possible implications.
- Have overall responsibility for the creation, management and delivery of departmental budgets.
- Lead Great Places’ carbon management activity and approach to tackle climate change.
- Responsibility for the statutory and legal compliance of all Great Places properties.
Who we are looking for
We are interested in hearing from candidates with significant experience in leading services in a residential property-related field with a strong track record at a senior, strategic level.
Driven by your focus on the customer and the need to deliver efficient, effective services, you will be an inspiring and engaging leader, with a high degree of commercial awareness and a proven track record in building and nurturing relationships with external partners and colleagues at all levels. Your leadership focus will be to ensure your teams work effectively together and with other parts of the business to provide seamless and responsive services to meet the requirements of our customers.
At Great Places equality, diversity and inclusion plays a central role in supporting the delivery of our social purpose, and it sits at the heart of everything we do. We encourage applications from every section of the community and work in collaboration with recruitment partners to ensure that we do everything we can to promote equity and eliminate bias from our recruitment processes.
We celebrate the diversity of our people because our differences make us stronger. We support our colleagues to be their true selves because we know they will be at their best and do their best. At Great Places we challenge discrimination because we believe that everyone should be treated fairly and equally.
All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria of the role will be offered an interview. If you require a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process, please make us aware of this.
For an informal discussion, contact Tom Neely, Director Neemar Search on 07384717939 or email@example.com
Closes | Wednesday 20th December 2023 | 12 noon