Senior Quantity Surveyor
The Royal Borough of Greenwich Repairs and Investment Section is looking for a strong and highly motivated Senior Quantity Surveyor with excellent knowledge and passion for strategic asset management and stock condition survey.
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capacity and capability
- Lead on the preparation of financial statements on all aspects of the work as required, scrutinise final accounts, analyse expenditure patterns and make recommendations to improve value for money
- Build relationships and partnership ways of working internally and externally in the planning and delivery of strategic asset management services.
- Lead on procurement of planned and capital programme as applicable to public sector works and professional services contracts.
- Develop and maintain an in-house cost information database for the various work programmes to provide better and accurate budget estimates and cost advice.
What you'll need
- To ensure effective monitoring and cost control of all aspects of the capital and revenue programmes and ensure that overall viability of the programmes and projects are maintained in line with Council's financial procedures.
- Lead on preparation of surveys, condition surveys and schedules of condition in conjunction with other staff as required and preparation of Bills of Quantities for building, services and other minor term contracts
- Liaise with colleagues in R&I section, other Housing and Council departments to ensure effective planning and delivery of capital works Programmes
- Educated to degree level, professional qualification (RICS or CIOB) or equivalent relevant experience
- Line management of Quantity Surveying team through excellent performance and team development.
- Ability to build effective, positive relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) including Members and be an active member of different teams.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.