Local Housing Manager - Fixed Term Contract until May 2024 - Based at Waterfront House, Beeston, NG9 1LA
WHICH OF THESE PHRASES BEST DESCRIBES YOU:
- I’m motivated to make a difference in the local community
- I like getting stuck in, solving problems, and helping people
- I genuinely care and am confident in my abilities to drive change
- I’m looking for an interesting job and am wondering if this might be it
- I’m a bit embarrassed that most of the answers above actually apply to me
If you picked any of the above, read on… This role is a Fixed Term Contract full time role (37.5 hours) for 4-6 months
As the Local Housing Manager, you will manage and coordinate excellent housing and estate services within a defined geographical patch. This will allow you to be the accountable customer facing representative of MTVH across all tenures including rented, shared ownership and leasehold customers. Key will be the coordination of internal and external services to meet the diverse needs of customers delivering services that meet individual and local needs to a high standard and within the guidelines set. In addition you will be required to manage the relationship and increase MTVH reputation with defined Local Authority Partners and other external agencies and to participate in local initiatives that will improve the lives of our customers.
You will be the point of contact for customers with respect to complaints, estate services, tenancy management, tenancy enforcement and lettings management. With the support of specialist teams internally this will provide you with the ability to be responsible for the solutions for our customers and own your patch.
What you'll need to succeed While a good working knowledge of Housing Practice, Housing Law and the principles of service charge management is desirable, to really succeed it is your values and passion that will differentiate you. At MTVH our values of Care, Dare and Collaborate run through all that we do, and we’re looking for people who demonstrate these behaviours every day of the week.
We are seeking people with an ambition to do things well for our customers whilst maintaining our commercial edge. At a time of continuing change, you should be able to demonstrate the ability to adapt to the circumstances. A critical factor in this role is working with both internal and external stakeholders in response to multi- faceted resident issues you will demonstrate the ability to thrive in a collaborating with others to achieve desired outcomes. The nature of this role means that the post holder will be regularly involved in activities with vulnerable adults who receive social care.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic background check with the Disclosure and Barring Service once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.