Senior Building Surveyor
The Royal Borough of Greenwich Repairs and Investment Section is looking for a strong and highly motivated Senior Building Surveyor with excellent knowledge and passion for strategic asset management and stock condition survey.
In this exciting new role, you will:
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capacity and capability
- Lead on developing a five-year housing investment plan aligned with appropriate data which reflect the needs of the stock, energy efficiency and the strategic objectives of the Council
- Build relationships and partnership ways of working internally and externally in the planning and delivery of strategic asset management services.
- Lead on procurement of planned and capital programme as applicable to public sector works and professional services contracts.
- Ensure stock condition survey is carried out and maintained for all assets and links into responsive, compliance, cyclical, and programmed maintenance records to identify current condition and future requirements.
What you'll need
- Ability to lead on carrying out stock condition survey, updating the system with the condition of key components and validating stock condition survey data.
- Ability to work closely with the Housing Energy and Sustainability Manager and R&I teams to ensure accurate investment decisions, effective retrofitting programme, value for money and strong data management
- Liaise with colleagues in R&I section, other Housing and Council departments to ensure effective planning and delivery of capital works Programmes
- Educated to degree level, professional qualification (RICS or CIOB) or equivalent relevant experience
- Line management of Building Surveying team through excellent performance and team development.
- Ability to build effective, positive relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) including Members and be an active member of different teams.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.