At Stonewater, we believe there should be someone there for everyone.
Abingdon Foyer is set in the heart of Abingdon and supports some of the most disadvantaged young people in the community. It offers an integrated solution to housing, personal development and training needs of the young people.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Specialist Coach to provide high-quality, person-centred support to our residents, helping them to achieve and become as independent as possible.
You will manage a caseload of customers through their journey, enabling them to articulate their aspirations and realise their potential. You will manage referrals into the service, undertake interviews and assessments and notify potential customers of the outcomes of these activities. You will also induct new customers into the service and deliver quality, outcome focused support sessions in both one-to-one sessions and group sessions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have proven experience of working with young people within a similar role, with knowledge of Homelessness and the impact on young people.
- Have working knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- Demonstrate experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health teams and youth offending services.
- Be a natural relationship builder, able to motivate, influence and inspire others.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries, together with a high level of personal integrity.
- Candidates for this role must hold a full UK driving licence and be flexible to travel. Stonewater do pay mileage for miles driven after the daily commute.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 36,000 homes, serving 78,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market. Stonewater was one of the first social housing providers in the UK to adopt the Sustainability Reporting Standard (SRS), published by Good Economy. Using the Housing Association’s Charitable Trust (HACT) Value Insight model, we calculated that we made an impact of over £28m during 2022/23. We know that life can be hugely challenging for many of our customers right now, and we are pleased to say that more than 400 customers have been supported into work, education, training and independent living. If you would like to read more please visit: Stonewater's Social Value Report
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and working towards accreditation for becoming a Disability Confident Leader, which allows us to record and report on disability, mental health and wellbeing in the workplace to better support our colleagues. We have also achieved accreditation for being an Advanced Employer for Investing in Ethnicity Maturity Matrix. We are committed to being a Menopause Friendly employer and working towards accreditation our Menopause Friendly accreditation.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
Stonewater reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.