We work together – We make things better – We do the right thing
Rooftop Housing Group is a modern, dynamic and flexible social business, aiming to deliver high quality, value for money services. We are proud of our people and what we achieve, making a positive impact on lives every day.
We need high performing people at all levels who can champion our culture, live our values and facilitate high performance in others, encouraging applications from all candidates with the right experience and qualifications. Supporting individuals to request reasonable adjustments that will help them to perform to the best of their abilities and make them feel more comfortable. We strive to maintain a skilled knowledgeable and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged through working in a supportive working environment.
We want to ensure you are rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Holiday buying and selling scheme
- A day’s paid leave for your birthday or annual celebration
- 2 days paid leave to help with a house move once you have completed your probationary period
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan, which includes a range of treatments including dental treatment, physiotherapy, consultation and 24 hour free confidential helpline
- Company contribution to mindfulness and fitness. For example discounted gym membership, fitness classes or mindfulness apps.
- Online discount with a number of retail shops, supermarkets, cinema, insurance and holidays.
- Funded training and sponsored qualifications.
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year.
About the role
As a Lettings Assistant, you will deliver an outstanding, efficient, and customer-focused lettings service to both internal and external clients. Your role is vital in ensuring homes are let within target timelines, aligning with policies, procedures, and service level agreements, with a focus on sustaining tenancies and minimizing void rent loss.
- Manage allocation and lettings administration, maintaining accurate and prompt records.
- Serve as a primary contact for customers, offering a responsive and seamless service and effective signposting.
- Handle tenancy amendments, mutual exchanges, successions, and updating property charges.
- Process tenancy terminations and collaborate for effective void management.
- Update and manage void phases reporting, place adverts, and maintain the housing management system.
- Answer calls and handle general property inquiries, ensuring timely and complete responses.
- Take responsibility for the energy portal, managing tenant transitions and meter readings.
- General office duties: filing, scanning, photocopying, compiling lettings packs, data input, and document amendment.
- Meet or exceed service standards and key performance indicators.
- Ensure compliance with internal audit, regulatory, and statutory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to information governance policies.
Experience is not essential, but experience in a similar role or in providing information, advice, and guidance is desirable.
What is important is a willingness to learn, customer-focused mindset, IT literacy, and an alignment with our values and behaviours.
Closing Date: 9am on 18th December 2023.
Interview Date: TBC
Please refer to the recruitment pack upon completing your application.