As a Service Charge Manager you will report to the Head of Service Charge Transformation, you are responsible for ensuring the performance of your team in delivering a high-quality service to all service charge payers and other stakeholders. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and teams across Southern Housing to support and contribute to the transformation of our Service Charge delivery.
This is a hybrid working role with an expectation of at least four days in Croydon
What you’ll do
- Leading, managing, and motivating a team in the accurate calculation, construction and issuing of all estimated and actualised service charges ensuring compliance with legal deadlines, contractual agreements, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring a customer-centric approach to service charge setting resolving customer queries and working with colleagues to ensure the resolution of complaints, disputes, and dissatisfaction.
- Maintaining and monitoring controls ensuring that your team meets agreed internal and external service levels enabling full recoverability of costs
- Partnering with business areas across the organisation to prepare annual service charge income budgets and accurately account for expenditure through a business partnering approach.
- Supporting the development, implementation and embedding of systems and process improvements to support the transformation of Service Charge delivery
- Developing policies, procedures and controls which adhere to legislation, regulation, and contractual obligations
What you need
- Experienced people leader, with a demonstrable ability to motivate and manage a team
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage and monitor a range of team tasks and responsibilities and work to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with councillors, the wider community, and other external partners including External Managing Agents
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- A strong understanding of residential & commercial service charge management, including current legislative requirement and industry best practice
- Excellent financial and numerical skills
In your supporting statement, please address how you meet each of the above criteria providing real examples.
Closing date: Sunday 3rd March 2024
Interview Dates: 19th & 20th March
Candidates who previously applied for this post in January 2024 need not re-apply.
We reserve the right to close this position depending on the number of applicants received.