Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
This role will be based at either our London (Farringdon) or Nottingham (Beeston) office.
This role is internally known as a People Assistant – Projects.
This is an 18-month fixed-term contract/secondment to support specific projects.
Salary for Nottingham: £23,849 - £25,104
Salary for London: £26,843 - £28,350
-Working alongside our Executive Team, Managers and Colleagues we are looking for an individual who can provide operational HR input on a range of people management and workforce issues affecting the business, managing relationships, and enabling leaders to improve business performance through their people. This role has a focus on Care and Support Strategic Plan implementation. This involves the delivery of HR transactional services (starters, contractual changes, leavers) and support to resourcing activity, employee engagement and wellbeing, employee relations management, organisational and job design, leadership and talent development, and colleague capability and skills.
-This is a busy department, but this offers lots of opportunities for our People Advisors to get involved in different bits of work and exposure to new areas. You will work collaboratively with all parts of the business and in many instances be the face of HR.
-The role of People Assistant is also eligible for our smarter working policy which will see you based within an office location for 3 days per week and 2 days working from home.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Educated to GCSE-level or equivalent professional experience/qualification (i.e., CIPD Level 2 or above).
- Experience of working in a busy administrative/clerical or internal customer-facing role within a service-focused organisation.
- Understanding of HR service provision and the employee lifecycle, and the impact that great HR service provision has within a business and on front line service delivery.
- Experience in a regulated environment where safeguarding is high priority.
- Experience of HR information systems and data management.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work and manage multiple, conflicting demands.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to convey authority and integrity with colleagues and managers and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and advise others.
- Ability to partner with and influence a range of stakeholders.
- IT literate – able to manipulate Microsoft Excel spreadsheet data, with a practical understanding of Microsoft Office 365 collaboration tools (Teams, OneDrive, etc)
If you are interested in this role, please take a look at our attached job description and apply with an updated version of you CV.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.