Care & Support Worker (Day & Night) – 18 Langdon Park
Permanent full time role 37.5 Hours
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live.
With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve this People Powered Living.
As a care and support worker, you will join our team providing 24hr support to vulnerable adults with learning disabilities in Twickenham. You will be responsible for the delivery of outstanding care to the people we support. We are looking for motivated individuals who want a rewarding role as part of a service that makes a difference.
Our activities of support vary from daily living skills, personal care, travel escorts, mobility, medication, the teaching of independent living skills, assist with accessing community-based activities such as going to college, swimming, cinema, work placements and other social and leisure activities.
- You will need to be enthusiastic and creative to provide the best person-centred support possible
- Provide personal care dependent on customers’ needs
- Some customers have mobility issues, need support using the toilet, washing, getting dressed and support with eating.
- Administer Medication as needed
- You will be expected to monitor the customers throughout the shift, health and safety checks, forms daily logs, cleaning of the house, give handovers, sign off risk assessments/guidelines and complete online training.
- Be prepared to work with people who present challenging behaviour
- Ability to problem solve and de-escalate crisis situations
- Good Writing skills in care plans
- Ability to establish and maintain a useful and mutually beneficial joint-working relationships families and carers of our residents
This service supports 7 customers in Langdon Park in Twickenham. Each customer has unique learning disabilities and individual care requirements. The focus is on the customers, maintaining independent living within a residential setting, and achieving social inclusion.
You will be required to work flexibly over a seven-day rota including bank holidays. This role requires Day with sleep-ins shift duties predominantly, however, there may be a need to work night shifts, dependent on the needs of the service. This is permanent full time 37.5 hours per week.
AM – Monday to Sunday – 7am to 2:30pm (7.5hr Shift)
PM – Monday to Sunday – 2pm to 9:30pm (7.5hr Shift)
Sleep-in – Monday to Sunday – 9pm to 7am – (10hr shift – Flat fee)
Waking Night - Monday to Sunday - 9pm to 7:30am (10.5hr Shift)
What you`ll need to succeed
- Experience working with vulnerable people with Autism and Learning Disabilities
- Strong values and person-centred approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and willing to work shifts to meet the needs of the service
- Individuals who are enthusiastic, resilient, energetic, and proactive
- Computer literacy and ability to conduct data entry
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with co-workers and patients
- Ability to problem solve and de-escalate crisis situations
- Knowledge of care plans and maintaining them
You will be tested on your IT skills and the ability to make daily recording after supporting a customer during a shift.
What you need to do know:
If you`re interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it`s the ideal job for you, click `apply now` to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call us now on 020 35353652.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Enhanced Adult & Child Barred list once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be completed every three years.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.