Care and Support Worker - Bank Staff
Hourly Rate: £11.95
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of individuals facing enduring mental health challenges? We are currently seeking dedicated and compassionate Bank Staff for the Wandsworth area. This role presents both challenges and rewards, offering you the opportunity to contribute to the well-being and independence of our residents.
Role Overview: As a Bank Worker, you will play a crucial role in supporting residents with enduring mental health issues, particularly those stemming from drug-induced psychosis, in the Wandsworth Area. Your responsibilities include providing positive support, encouraging independence, and facilitating community engagement. The ultimate objective is to empower residents to return to independent living in the community.
- Support residents with complex enduring mental health issues
- Encourage independence and community involvement
- Address unpredictable behavioral patterns with confidence
- Make decisions on safeguarding and risk issues
- Maintain detailed records and liaise with third parties involved in resident support packages
Requirements: To succeed in this role, you must:
- Have experience in supporting vulnerable adults
- Demonstrate confidence and decisiveness in responding to issues
- Possess the ability to work independently in a lone-working role
- Be committed to delivering excellent service to vulnerable adults with dignity
- Make a real difference in the lives of the community's most vulnerable individuals
- Competitive hourly rate of £11.95
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on individuals' lives
- Supportive management structure
- Ongoing professional development
Application Process: If you are ready to contribute to the well-being of individuals and help them manage their own lives, we invite you to apply. We are committed to providing safe, high-quality services, and as part of our recruitment process, we conduct enhanced background checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to Apply: Please submit your application, including your CV and a cover letter, outlining your relevant experience and your passion for supporting vulnerable adults.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.