Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week)
GCH is an ambitious, dynamic housing association with strong community roots. We are focused on building homes and communities where people can thrive and delivering valued services to our customers. We’re looking for people who care as much as we do about delivering customer focused services.
We think GCH is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it...
-Winner of best place to work in Gloucestershire 2022 at SoGlos Awards.
-Winners of Employee of the year at Housing Hero’s Award
-Recognised as an inclusive employer through the Inclusivity Works Award
-Named one of the Top Not for Profit organisations to work for recognised by Best Companies in 2022.
Joining us as Assistant Finance Business Partner, you’ll work with the Finance Business Partner to provide support and challenge to Heads of Services in relation to the production of their monthly forecast returns and annual budgets for both GCH and its subsidiary company. You will ensure adequate explanation is provided for all variance to budget and ensure that major stakeholders will understand the financial position, associated risks and opportunities.
Preparing and posting monthly accruals/prepayments, gathering data from external suppliers and internal teams, you will oversee the service charge setting process, ensuring completeness of information and adequate explanation of variances to ensure customer confidence in charges received. You will ensure the fixed asset register is kept up to date with additions/disposals correctly accounted for.
We’d like you to…
- Hold a Level 4 AAT qualification, Willing to study towards ACCA/CIMA or be qualified by experience.
- Have proven ability to support management accounts production with clear, detailed analysis.
- Able to work closely and build strong relationships with in-house operational teams.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have knowledge of social housing regulation and compliance or understand the issues of working in a related environment.
- The knowledge and understanding to maintain the fixed asset register.
- Have knowledge of group structures and experience of inter-company transactions (desirable).
Closing Date: 5th January 2024
GCH reserve the right to bring the closing date forward should enough quality applications be received prior to the current closing date.
GCH is committed to equal opportunities. We actively encourage applications from all sections of our community, particularly those with lived experience of our work.
We celebrate the diverse nature of our customers and colleagues, striving to develop diverse teams where everyone can be their authentic self through an inclusive, family friendly, flexible and fun culture. Our values of pride, quality, integrity and innovation are at the heart of what we do. So if this sounds like you, we’d be delighted to hear from you!