Position: MacMillan Programme Manager
Salary: £45,000 per annum - Hours: 37.5 hours
Contract Type: Two-Year Fixed Term - End date will be dependent upon commencement of assignment 2025/2026
Are you looking for an opportunity to really make a difference to the lives of people in Lambeth?
We’re recruiting for a Programme Manager to join our Empowering Futures team at MTVH as part of an exciting new partnership with Macmillan.
The main purpose of the role is to work with MTVH & MacMillan Project Coordinator to develop and implement a longer-term plan for how to capacity build and support people in relation to improving access to health and support services related to cancer identification and treatment.
This role will work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders at a borough or local level to co-ordinate and support projects in line with the programme strategic objectives and local need. This role will identify and build relationships with local organisations to develop capacity and capability to inform projects, events and activities. The Programme Manager will be responsible for the line management of the Project Coordinator.
The main duties will be to:
- Develop and manage the overall programme including establishing a shared local vision, goals, delivery plan and engagement model that includes all key stakeholders
- Build diverse and collaborative local leadership; facilitate engagement of a broad range of local people who can work together on co-design models
- Manage and monitor the overall programme to meet outcomes and evidence impact
- Maintain relationships with local and regional bodies to open up opportunities for delivery of projects and innovations that benefit residents and the business (for example, local authorities, housing associations, community safety partners, social enterprises, businesses and voluntary sector)
- Collect and carry out analysis of data and insight to identify needs and patterns (to inform project interventions), working with the Business Intelligence and Strategy Teams as appropriate
- Work with internal colleagues and external partners to organise high profile events to showcase activities and achievements
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding and/or lived experience in directly engaging and working with diverse communities in London.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in community work, a strong grasp of the voluntary sector, and a proven track record in managing partnerships with stakeholders.
If you possess excellent people and relationship skills and are eager to make a meaningful impact on the lives of others, we look forward to hearing from you.
For further details on this vacancy please click ‘apply’.
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a basic level background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, once an offer of employment is made. A new check will be carried out on a 3 yearly basis. The cost of a DBS will be paid for by the organisation and as part of our onboarding process.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.