Our organisation was built on a simple mission - to give people a safe, secure, and affordable home. That is as true today as it was in the 1950’s, when our founder Molly Huggins established on organisation to provide homes for Windrush migrants in London. Our core purpose I that “everyone should have a home and the chance to live well” To fulfil this vision, we work with partners to make our neighbourhoods - new and old - sustainable and vibrant places, where our customers want to live. We put people at the heart of everything we do and to guide is in every decision we make. Through managing more than 57,000 households we work at a scale that means our actions to achieve this have real impact.
Why work for us
We firmly believe that by serving people better every day, we will support a healthier, better cared for, and more prosperous society in the future. Like our founders before us, we will leave a lasting legacy for future generations. Our colleagues are crucial to our success in achieving this. Therefore, we are committed to investing in colleagues and creating the opportunity for them to develop. Our working environment has been designed to be one that brings out the very best in people.
We offer a number of excellent benefits to our employees including:
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- In addition to annual leave a 'belief day' to be taken at a time of your choosing
- 2 paid voluntary days to support your community
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions up to a maximum of 9% contribution
- Tenancy deposit - interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Cycle to Work scheme
- 'Nudge' financial wellbeing platform
- Employee assistance programme
- Season ticket loan
- Access to extensive on-line training
- Smarter working is the MTVH approach to future working arrangements for colleagues registered as office-based to adapt to the needs of the customer.