Domestic Abuse Senior Support Worker
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Domestic Abuse Senior Support Worker
Permanent role 37.5 Hours per week
About the role of Domestic Abuse Senior Support Worker
This is a unique opportunity to make a significant difference to families at a traumatic stage in their life.
As a Domestic Abuse Senior Support Worker, you will be supporting vulnerable women and children that have escaped domestic abuse with the aim of stabilising crisis & reducing risk as well as to gain their confidence for future independence and self-advocacy.
As their key worker, you will be acting as their advocate where appropriate and work with third parties, to take all possible steps to maximise the wellbeing of women and children escaping domestic violence.
The role works on a rota system with at least one late evening per week and 3 hours weekend work. On call work is also a requirement of the role on a rota basis.
What you’ll need to succeed
- As this role will involve lone working, previous experience of supporting vulnerable adults and/or working with women who have experienced domestic abuse is essential.
- You will understand housing management, health and safety and safeguarding. You will be expected to plan, organise, and participate in customer activities and customer meetings.
- To demonstrate some abilities of communicating effectively (oral and written) at different levels with other members of staff, statutory and voluntary organisations and with people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- You will demonstrate you understand what good support looks like in a dignified and appropriate manner and how support plans and risk assessments are created to achieve this.
- All the plans are maintained electronically you should also be confident at using new IT systems at work. Set up and maintain information, produce written reports when required, keep accurate records, and monitoring systems.
Due to these support needs we can only accept applications from females. (Sch. 9 s. 1 (1) Equality Act 2010 applies)
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high-quality services to our customers we will complete an enhanced background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, which will include a check of the Adult and Child Barred list, once an offer of employment is made.
A full driving license and access to a vehicle is desirable but not essential for this role
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.