Home Ownership Advisor
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Home Ownership Advisor - Fixed Term for 12 Months
This role is suitable for our smarter working policy
About this role
At MTVH customers are our number one priority. We have come up with several internal structures and positions within our business to steadily deliver this promise not only to our customers but to our colleagues as well. For the role of Home Ownership Advisor, we seek proactive, customer-focused and communicative individuals who will contribute towards creating a positive impact to the way we provide our service.
This role will be challenging at points as you will be required to liaise with front line customers as well attend hearings and resident’s meetings or ensuring that all the tasks are carried out in line with policies and legislations. On the other hand, the role is rewarding as you will be able to observe the positive impact you have made on our customers. In order to achieve this, there will be plenty of support available to you from your team and the organisation. You will engage in series of tasks including compliance with MTVH policies and processes, promotion of corporate values – Care, Dare and Collaborate or providing advice on home ownership matters.
What you will need to succeed
- Firstly, we expect you to be able to explain a complex information to a variety of audiences. This is important as you will be providing best practice and legislation advice on home ownership matters as well as providing supporting documentation for formal challenges and collaborating across teams to cover for colleagues as required.
- You will need a keen eye for a detail, ability to interpret leases and a working knowledge and understanding of legal processes –this might include lease extensions, solicitor enquiries during conveyancing and varying leases.
- You will deal with a variety of processes ranging from re-mortgaging and leaseholder permissions to Right to Buy, Section 20 consultations, responding to observations and producing final accounts. Knowledge of relevant legislation would be beneficial - Section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, Right to Buy under the Housing Act 1980 (Amended 1985), Housing (Right to Acquire) Regulations 1997 and the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act of 1993. Last but not least, you are expected to have proficiency in using wide range of IT systems and MS Office package as you will be ensuring that all processes are running smoothly and effectively.
We aim to provide cross-training to each one of our employees in this role, as it might happen, they will be temporarily required to work with different teams. This might happen as a mean to have effective work process even in times of sickness and/or maternity/paternity leave or similar events. All of the teams you might be part of are customer-focused and liaise both externally and internally.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.