Head of Lettings & Commercial
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
Head of Lettings & Commercial
The Head of Lettings & Commercial will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimising the organisation's property lettings activities across its extensive portfolio of 57,000 homes nationwide. In this leadership position, you will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to drive growth, revenue, and tenant satisfaction within the lettings and commercial sectors. The successful candidate will possess a strong blend of strategic vision, commercial acumen, and a deep understanding of the property market.
- Develop plans aligned with organisational objectives for property market growth.
- Manage the end-to-end lettings process, ensuring efficiency and compliance.
- Monitor and manage tenancies, lease agreements, renewals, and terminations.
- Drive revenue through pricing strategies and maximize occupancy rates.
- Identify new business ventures in the commercial property space.
- Inspire and lead a high-performing team.
- Conduct regular market research for informed decision-making.
Compliance and Legal
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Collaborate on budgeting and revenue forecasting.
- Identify new opportunities for commercial property portfolio expansion.
Reporting and Evaluation
- Provide regular KPI and financial performance reports.
Void Reduction Strategy
- Minimise property vacancy, analyse void periods, and expedite re-letting.
- Effectively engage and negotiate with stakeholders.
Leadership and Management
- Proven leadership, motivating high-performing teams.
- Make sound decisions in complex situations.
- Work under pressure and meet deadlines with accuracy.
- Operate in line with organisational values and mission.
Experience and Knowledge
- Proven leadership in a similar role.
- Expertise in customer communication and service delivery.
- Understanding of customer service operations.
Please refer to the full job description before applying.
To meet our commitment to providing safe, high quality services to our customers we will complete a standard background check with the Disclosure and Barring service, once an offer of employment is made. As standard you will be added to the DBS updating service with a new check being carried out on a 3 yearly basis. The cost of a DBS will be paid for by the organisation.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What’s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ‘Beliefs day’ once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit – interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.